Sage Days 78 --- June 29 to July 1st, 2016, Vancouver
Sage Days on Combinatorics
Vancouver, BC Canada
These Sage Days are organized as a satellite event of the FPSAC combinatorics conference. The main mathematical topic will be combinatorics. Everyone is welcome from Sage newcomers to advanced developers: there will be plenty of introductory talks and also time for code sprints. It is the perfect occasion to learn Sage!
Dates and Venue
Date: 3 days From June 29 to July 1st, 2016
Venue: University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Please send the following form to Viviane Pons. If you wish to apply for financial aid, please do so before April 30 by filling out the extra application form.
Date of arrival:
Date of departure:
Do you wish to give a talk or present a tutorial?*
* A talk can be on anything related to mathematical development (it does not have to be Sage) If you have some Sage experience, please consider giving a tutorial.
A limited number of financial aids will be be distributed in priority to students and postdocs to cover mostly local costs. Please apply before April 30 by filling out this extra form and sending it to Viviane Pons.
Current status (student, postdoc, etc.) :
Estimation of budget for the whole event (travel, lodging):
Do you also participate to the FPSAC conference?
Do you have other sources of funding for this event (FPSAC aid, local funding)?
The program will include a main lecture from Mike Zabrocki (subject to be announced) as well as introductory tutorials to Sage and combinatorics in Sage. There will also be time for code sprints.
Detailed schedule to be announced.
- Eviatar Bach (UBC)
- Matthew Barrow (Powerex)
- Adrien Boussicault (Université de Bordeaux)
- Julien Courtiel (UBC)
- Kevin Dilks (North Dakota State University)
- Aram Dermenjian (UQAM)
- Clément Dervieux (Paris Diderot -- Ecole polytechnique)
- Katie Gedeon (University of Oregon)
- Tomack Gilmore (Universität Wien)
- Bennet Goeckner (University of Kansas)
- Sean Griffin (University of Washington)
- Emily Gunawan (University of Minnesota)
- Amit Jamadagni (Birla Institute of Technology and Science)
- Jang Soo Kim (Sungkyunkwan University)
- Patxi Laborde-Zubieta (Université de Bordeaux)
- Seung Jin Lee (Korea Institute for Advanced Study)
- Amir Maleki (UBC)
- Viviane Pons (Université Paris Sud)
- Vivien Ripoll (Universität Wien)
- Travis Scrimshaw (University of Minnesota)
- Robin Sulzgruber (Universität Wien)
- Jessica Striker (North Dakota State University)
- Marko Thiel (University of Zurich)
- Foster Tom (UBC)
- Ahmed Umer Ashraf (University of West Ontario)
- Steph van Willigenburg (UBC)
- Mike Zabrocki (York university)
Lodging and other practical information
Low cost accommodation is available near UBC at: http://www.ubcconferences.com/accommodations/.